Monday 14 December 2009

I'm Ira. I put the holes in the trees





At the moment a personal fave - pretty much sums up a child's love:
kw: i don't want you to go. i'll eat you up. i love you so
so beautiful. so simple.


I love carol.
"We were gonna make a whole world like this. Now, everyone used to come here, but you know... you know what it feels like when all your teeth are falling out really slowly and you don't realize and then you notice that, well, they're really far apart. And then one day... you don't have any teeth anymore."
i feel like this most days.




Some other personal favorites - tarrantino's true romance. one of the best screen conversations ever scripted: 
Clifford Worley: It's a fact. Yeah. You see, uh, Sicilians have, uh, black blood pumpin' through their hearts. Hey, no, if eh, if eh, if you don't believe me, uh, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, uh, you see, uh, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are niggers. 

Coccotti: Yes...
Clifford Worley: So you see, way back then, uh, Sicilians were like, uh, wops from Northern Italy. Ah, they all had blonde hair and blue eyes, but, uh, well, then the Moors moved in there, and uh, well, they changed the whole country. They did so much fuckin' with Sicilian women, huh? That they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became black hair and dark skin. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that, uh, that Sicilians still carry that nigger gene. Now this...
Clifford Worley: No, I'm, no, I'm quoting... history. It's written. It's a fact, it's written. 
Clifford Worley: Your ancestors are niggers. Uh-huh.
Clifford Worley: Hey. Yeah. And, and your great-great-great-great grandmother fucked a nigger, ho, ho, yeah, and she had a half-nigger kid... now, if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you, you're part eggplant.



Big love for Alabama:


" Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool,
 you're so cool"


that pretty much sums up real love. none of this elaborate crap, three words, sum up the boys i ever loved ; "your so cool" 


Then a bit of vulgar yet gritty lines:


Jeff vs Hayley in hard candy:
Jeff: Who the hell are you?
Hayley: I'm every little girl you ever watched, touched, hurt, screwed, killed


Pretty brutual? but then if you like hard candy and revenge stories you'll like the line, if you dont like hard candy your not going to like the line - it pretty much sums the whole film up in a nut shell.
"Does my face lie?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

reel


View My Stats